It's finally here... Introducing our first collagen powder! Scientifically formulated, we have designed an abundant and pure source of collagen using delicious vanilla and coconut flavours, ready to add to your favourite drink, smoothie, or sweet treat.
As the most abundant protein in our bodies, collagen makes up approximately 80% of our skin and is produced naturally by combining amino acids and essential vitamins.
As we grow old, our ability to synthesise and produce collagen declines causing thinner, pigmented and wrinkled skin. Other factors contributing to signs of ageing and a decline in skin quality/elasticity include :
- UV exposure
- Poor dietary intake
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or other toxic substances.
- Hormonal changes
- Pollution and smoke inhalation
Despite collagen being present in some foods, the typical intake isn't enough to combat signs of ageing. Our collagen creamer will support your natural production of the protein to ensure optimum vitality .
Our collagen creamer is simple and fuss-free, designed to support your collagen production, improving skin elasticity, texture and hydration. It can also support healthy hair & nails health.
Why choose Vitable's Collagen Creamer?
Why marine collagen?
Our marine collagen is the highest standard, hydrolysed, bioavailable source of collagen derived from sustainably sourced fish. Ingesting collagen as a powder allows for maximum absoprtion where it can be effectively broken down into amino acids. This results in the natural stimulation of collagen production, strengthening your skin, hair and nails from the inside out.
· Use of marine collagen can improve elasticity and hydration of the skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve thickness .
· Studies have shown that daily consumption of marine collagen may help reverse some of the effects of skin damage and improve epidermal thickness.
.Collagen has also shown to reduce both joint pain and deterioration .
How do I use it?
There are a multitude of ways to add our collagen powder to your routine. It's not unheard of for collagen supplements to have a slightly 'fishy' after-taste. However, our delicious coconut and vanilla flavours ensure it is the perfect (and tasty) addition to your diet.
Our creamer can be added to a warm milk of your choice, chai latte, hot chocolate, tea or coffee. It is also the perfect supplement for smoothies (we love it with banana or berries) or even into overnight oats, bliss balls or your favourite breakfast bowl. Get creative!
How to prevent collagen breakdown and support production?
There are multiple ways you can ensure you maintain your collagen levels:
- Reduce your sun exposure. Whilst vitamin D intake is important, too much sun can lead to skin damage and cause collagen breakdown. Ensure you are wearing SPF when outside, and avoid outdoor activities between 12-3pm when the sun is strongest.
- Eat a diet rich in Omega 3 Fatty Acids & Wholefoods. This includes fatty fish, bone broth, animal proteins, dark leafy greens, berries, citrus fruits, nuts and seeds . These foods are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Zinc which support collagen production and protection.
- Supplement with the Vitable's collagen powder. Despite incorporating the above foods into your diet, often it is hard to consume the quantity necessary to combat natural collagen depletion. Produced using the highest-quality ingredients, Vitable collagen creamer is the perfect way to boost your natural production of collagen and maximise absorption that is lacking in your diet.
Recipe: Berry Glow Collagen Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ banana (frozen makes it thicker)
- 2 tsp nut butter of choice (leave out for allergies!)
- 1 serving Vitable's Collagen Creamer
- 1 cup of milk (or water) of choice (almond, coconut, cows, macadamia, oat)
- ½ cup ice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/honey/monk fruit/stevia
Optional: Frozen cauliflower or zucchini can make it super creamy (and an extra serving of veggies) or add cacao powder for a chocolate twist.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a big glass and enjoy. Make it into a smoothie bowl: Top with your favourite toppings such as granola, mixed nuts, flaxseeds or fresh fruit.
Purchase your collagen creamer today, and see what all the fuss is about.
 Lassus A, Jeskanen L, Happonen HP, Santalahti J (1991) Treatment of degenerated skin in females. Dept of Dermatology, University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland. Journal International Medical; Research (2): 147 – 52
 Proksch, E. Segger, D. Degwert, J. Schunck, M. Zague, V. and Oesser (2014) Oral Supplementation of Specific Collagen Peptides Has Beneficial Effects on Human Skin Physiology: A Double Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Skin Pharmacol Physiol 2014; 27:47:47 – 55 (DOI 10.1159/000351376,
 Distante F, Scalise F, Rona C, Bonfigli A, Fluhr J.W, Berardesca E (2002) Oral fish polysaccharides in the treatment of photo aging: Biophysical findings. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. Vol 24 Page 81
 Matsumoto, H. Ohara, H. Itoh, K. Nakamura, Y. and Takahashi, S. (2006) Clinical effect of fish type I collagen hydrolysate on skin properties. ITE Lett. 7. 386 – 390